Securing Alaska; Your Business & Home.
We are a local Alaskan company based in Anchorage; providing high quality security products and integration services for all of Alaska. By developing successful relationships, we can help engineer new solutions and implement industry standards with forward thinking methods in mind.
When you partner with Alaskan Network Security, you get personalized security service. With our security network of manufacturing representatives and support services; we can extend cutting edge innovation, automation, intelligent analytics and combine them with products that enhance your business or home life.
Alaskan Network Security has tasked ourselves and our partnering distributors to put our clients at the fore-front of security system innovations. We strive to provide professional solutions that enhance life and freedom; to the community of which we are a part.
Allen Gary Cross
Sam came in and set me up with new cameras. I didn't want the damn things but with all the riff-raff going on, I needed something to give to the cops. I am glad I have them now.
I had a system that worked but I needed to expand to the parking lot and I needed it on my phone. The new cameras have done their job several times and I am glad I called.
Bobbie Jo Mersdorf
We had parking lot issues and needed cameras. We also had a need for audio in the reception areas to account for insurance claims. We are happy with how responsive they are.
Our video security needed updating and Sam provided several security additions that improved our coverage. This is a great company to work with. Best security choice we have made.
Join Our Email
Common Security Questions:
What are the top brands of camera systems on the market?
* According to recent reports via IPVM.com, 8 out of 11 internet resellers recommend Hikvision IP camera systems.
* Other brands are: Dahua, Speco Technologies, Uniview, Geovision, and Swann.
* Cheaper solutions are available on major vendor sites like Amazon, Brickhouse Security, B&H, SuperCircuits, A1 Security Cameras, and CDW.
* Better brands to consider: Axis Communications, Digital Watchdog, Panasonic, Samsung, Acti, Everfocus, and Arecont.
The difference between DVR, NVR and VMS Recordings:
* A Digital Video Recorder receives video from connected analog sources, encodes it, and stores it to disk. The DVR does all the work and gets very hot.
* A Network Video Recorder captures and stores network (rtsp) streams from IP cameras. The camera does the encoding before sending it to the recorder.
* A Video Management Software system is typically bundled with license per channel or exclusive to a brand for managing multiple locations of NVRs or camera systems.
* Edge recording, local storage retention for use in single camera deployments. Commonly used to stream back to a VMS during non-peak hours.
What is an average price for a camera system?
* When you purchase on an Internet site, a 4 channel system will cost $400 – $600 and you will have to install each camera, run the cables and setup the recordings yourself.
* When you purchase through a security professional, the labor will match the system base price plus any additional agreement extras that are discussed prior to installation.
* Agreement extras: Specific installation requirements, specific camera upgrades, features, and tutorial support features. A specialist will always guarantee their work.
4K Ultra HD For Network Cameras and Recording
* 4K Ultra HD provides up to four times higher resolution than standard HDTV 1080p resolution. 4K Ultra HD uses the 16:9 format.
* Defined by SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers), the most important standard is SMPTE ST 2036-1UHDTV.
* A camera that complies with the SMPTE standards indicates adherence to 4K Ultra HD quality and should provide all the benefits of 4K Ultra HD in resolution, color fidelity and frame rate.
Doors and gates are controlled by low voltage circuits and signals using a management system. Keypads or proximity readers accept the credential assigned to you.
Input devices can be keypads, proximity readers, bio-metrics, or sensors. Similar to the garage opener you may have, the signal is received and the circuits obey.
Schedules can be applied to keep the gate open during the day & closed at night.
The management system controls the logic behind the rules and credentials. Not all systems are alike and not all systems are user friendly.
If you have a smart system, you might have access to the programming over cellular or internet. Older systems still use the telephone line to program with dial tone prompt.
An entry management system for condominiums may have multiple entry locations and the panel programming will have to be shared between units.
** Contact us if you have a need to reprogram your system, add a credential, code or if there are other malfunctions with the system.
Is there a difference between Cat 5e and Cat 6 cables?
* For Cat 5e cables limited to 300 feet, the speed from device A to device B is 10 Megabits, 100 Megabits, and 1 Gigabit per second @ 100 – 350Mhz and costs less than superior cable.
* For Cat 6 cables limited to 300 feet, the speed from device A to device B is 10 Megabits, 100 Megabits and 1 Gigabit per second @ 250 – 500Mhz. Cat6A can acheive 10 Gigabit per second speeds if the devices support this connection.
* At this point, simplex or multi-mode fiber would be the best method to connect with. There are more support choices using SFP modules that connect to each device and the distance is quite favorable.
Is wireless the best method to connect devices?
* A wireless device had the benefit of roaming around like a laptop or mobile but are limited on range. The further away from the Access Point, the slower the response on the network.
* Wireless is susceptible to interference by other wireless devices or structures of concrete or wire and metals.
* A saturation of devices on one Access Point will cause slow speeds even if you are paying for “fast internet”.
Are wireless alarm systems safe to use?
The downfall of wireless are the battery consumption over time but today’s sensors are better that wireless sensors 4 – 5 years ago.
The signal between the alarm panel and the sensor is proprietary to the system and the data being transmitted is encrypted.
New technology has allowed today’s sensors to provide intelligent feedback about the battery life level and smart sensors allow firmware updates, which means better encryption.
Is there a difference between alarm systems?
Depending on your property size and the amount of sensors needed; you may need to share a system with keypads for each seperate space. New systems typically do not support partitioning.
If you are in need of automation for lighting or locks, a simple system is not adequate to expand in these areas.
Who responds to the alarm if the siren goes off?
The alarm system calls the monitoring company. If the sensor indicates a break-in, dispatch will call you directly first, afterward they will request a police dispatch.
The signals from the panel give clear indication of a hold up, break-in, or an emergency depending on the sensor or event.
When you receive a call from American Digital Monitoring, they will ask for your “password” to authenticate who you are. If you don’t know your code, they will call the next number on the list.
There are currently no premise boundary recording issues for the state of Alaska.
You can mount and record video on your property.
Common sense law presumes you are keeping 80% of the monitored video within your property line.
Can you record third party conversations – Recording Audio
* Alaska Stat. Ann. § 42.20.310 (You can only record conversations you are a part of.)
Recorded Indecent Viewing
* Alaska Stat. Ann. § 11.61.123 – You cannot share nudity without the consent of the person being photographed or video recorded.
* Penalties: Alaska Stat. Ann. § 42.20.330, 11.61.123 – Max of 1 year in jail and up to $10,000 fine. It is a felony if the person being video recorded is a minor.